September 30, 2010

Out Of Place

The other night, I had two dreams that were so vivid that I can still remember what they were about. The first one was about being in a world where everything was black and white in the 40s or 50s. I was the only one in color and stood out for obvious reasons. The second dream was about being at a new church but having a lot of difficulty fitting in. In both dreams, I was definitely out of place and very alone. I wonder if this means anything.

A couple of days ago, I asked my 아줌마 students what their short-term and long-term goals were. They all had boring answers like raising their kids well and having good health. So when I told them that I had expected someone to have something related to English, one of them responded, "English isn't a goal; it's a dream," and they all laughed. I don't know whether to think that's funny or sad.

Thought of the Day: PnP?
Song of the Day: Nada Surf-Where Is My Mind

No comments: