January 7, 2010

Butterfly Effect

I remember there was a day when I was telling Tseggy that I probably would not have come back to Mongolia in the winter if I had not been one of the ones who were asked to go to Ugi's mother's place during the summer. I thought back on that experience and realized so many different factors could have affected that event. Last year, my brother was strongly debating whether to go to Paraguay or Korea again for his four month break. In the end, he had chosen empanadas over me and I was bitter.

But looking back now, if my brother had decided to come to Korea in the summer, there is a good chance he would have gone to Mongolia with us. If he had gone to Mongolia with us, there is a good chance that Ugi's mother's place would not have happened for me. That means that there is a good chance that I would not have gone this winter. I mean, the possibilities are endless, but I was just playing this butterfly effect in my head. I guess I'll really never know, but I like to believe that Simon went to Paraguay so that I could go to Mongolia.

During my first winter quarter at Irvine, I purchased John O's car at a very low price. While this is my brother's first winter quarter at LA, there is a chance that he may purchase Chang's car at a very low price. What an exciting new year!

Thought of the Day: Miracles vs. Providence
Song of the Day: The Submarines-Vote

No comments: