January 5, 2010

Keeping the doctor away

When I was in Mongolia, Muugi suggested that I drink lots of water upon noticing my runny nose. Last night, I remembered this suggestion and decided to give this remedy a try. After killing a 2 liter bottle, I went to the bathroom several times before I went to bed (for the final time). But lo and behold, my cold was better today. I only had to blow my nose twice the entire day! So a few hours ago, I swigged another liter of water hoping to finish off the remnants of my sickness. If you're suffering from any ailment, try what I've been told to try. So far so good.

This winter, I have classes from Monday-Thursday and Saturday. Everyday, I start at either 8 or 9AM. That means that I have to wake up at either 6 or 7AM. That means that I have to be in bed no later than 9PM since I make that extra effort to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. Call me a baby, but I notice a significant difference in my overall well-being. So I guess what I'm trying to tell you is: DON'T CALL/TEXT ME AFTER 9PM. Thank you.

One habit that I've developed is reading in bed before I sleep. This helps me to get through some of the reading that I want to get through. Also, it helps me to feel a bit drowsy. Before 2009 ended, I finished "Tell No One" by Harlan Coben. After reading the "The Freedom Writers Diary," I was inspired to start "The Diary of a Young Girl," which I am ashamed to say that I've never even touched. Better late than never, right? Next on my list is Hellen Keller's autobiography, "The Story of my Life." I was inspired to read this after watching the movie, "Black." Ever since I came to this country, I feel like I've been reading more and more books every year. I wonder how many books I'll be able to get through this year.

Thought of the Day: Dogs that don't bark
Song of the Day: SNSD-소원을 말해봐

No comments: