November 27, 2009

Audition


Last night, I watched this movie thinking that it was about romance.  Can you imagine how scared I got when I saw that phone call scene with the bag?  After that scene, I had to turn the lights on and fastforward through all the scary parts because I couldn't handle them.  I used to love horror movies as a child and especially as a teenager.  I'd done all the Freddys, Jasons, and Chuckys.  Then The 6th Sense came out.  Then The Ring.  Then The Grudge.  Then Saw.  I used to love the thrill and excitement of anticipating the monsters and ghosts popping out when you least expected them.  It's funny how I matured into a coward though.  Now whenever I watch the really scary parts, I just get stress.  It's not worth it.  It's not enjoyable.

Here's another movie that looks awful scary:


At the same time, I do know the joy of being able to scare someone.  The priceless looks on people's faces.  The incomprehensible sounds that they utter.  The involuntary movements in their reaction.  It's all so funny when it's not you.


Thought of the Day:  2 Corinthians 12:14 
Song of the Day:  Kim Tae Woo-사랑비

No comments: