November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Jae asked me for an update on 종성, so here it is:

Thanksgiving is the saddest day of the year for me in Korea, but God gave me a special reason to rejoice this year.  Although 종성 is two years older than me, I consider him my closest KOREAN friend.  He is the only person I know who never received hakwon or tutoring but was still able to get into Seoul National University right out of high school.  He took time off for a couple of years to study for one of the most difficult and competitive tests that Korea has to offer.  I have seen him go through many internal and external struggles as he studied and prepared for hundreds of hours for a couple of years.  I would always text him to see if had passed his first test.  I would always text him to see if he had passed his second test.  Tonight, I was privileged to celebrate his passing of the final round of tests.  김종성 is now a 공무원!!!  We prayed and we prayed and we prayed...not for success in his test but that God would lead him in the future that God had already ordained.  Join in me thanking our God who used all of 종성's efforts in coming closer to fulfilling his dream that God had given to him.  As 종성 said, "All glory to God."

Thought of the Day:  Thanksgiving
Song of the Day:  CL & Minzy-Please Don't Go

No comments: