March 7, 2009

This week's persecuted church: Pakistan
Two young Christian girls were kidnapped by Muslim men and forced to convert to Islam. The 13-year-old girl named Sala was even forced to marry one of the men. Both girls were tutored and brainwashed into thinking that their Christian parents would harm them if they were to return home. Even after appearing in court before their parents, Sala chose to stay with her Muslim husband.
I FINALLY finished reading Edith Hamilton's "Mythology." It was, by far, the boringest book I've read for leisure. It was so bad that I even considered leaving it in the subway after finishing it today. But even with the most dissatisfying books, there are always a handful of quotes that are worth sharing:

"Man is born to sorrow as the sparks fly upward. To live is to suffer and the only solution of the problem of life is to suffer with courage."

"In a maiden's words let no man place faith,
Nor in what a woman says.
But I know men and women both.
Men's minds are unstable toward women."

Some friends of mine have been sharing about going through a quarter-life crisis. I didn't think it really existed, but I think I'm going through one right now too. I keep thinking that I should be doing something different with my life, but I can't seem to think of what that something is. I'm constantly thinking of how I'm not taking advantage of my 20s (whatever that's supposed to mean). Maybe I'm just having workaholicism withdrawal. Whatever, I'm done with "Mythology."

I hadn't seen the Little Mermaid in so many years that I decided to watch it again. Here's the best scene, hands down.


YAH-YAH-WAH-WAH!!! Haha.

Thought of the Day: American Gangster
Song of the Day: Jessica Simpson & Nick Lachey-A Whole New World

No comments: