October 21, 2008


One thing I really regret doing is watching one clip of "This Boy's Life" before even finishing the book. After seeing De Niro and DiCaprio in action, I couldn't stop picturing them whenever I was reading about Dwight and Jack. However, I thought it was a remarkable story considering it was a true one. Obviously, the movie wasn't nearly as good as the book.

“Knowing that everything comes to an end is a gift of experience, a consolation gift for knowing that we ourselves are coming to an end. Before we get it we live in a continuous present, and imagine the future as more of that present. Happiness is a endless happiness, innocent of its own sure passing. Pain is endless pain.”
-Tobias Wolff from This Boy’s Life

I recently finished reading the Bible in one year. Although I'd like to say that I know so much more about God's Word compared to a year ago, I only realize how little I know. Just like everyone else, I gotta keep reading.

The currency exchange rate is heinous these days. The problem is I have to send money really really soon. Plus, I hear my car is dying even after repair after repair. If you have a heart for the Chungs, please pray for us...and pay for my brother's gas.

Funny...

Me: This hat is fake. It's like 32,000won at Eurofoot, but I got it for 10,000won at Itaewon.
Student: Itaewon is power!

Thought of the Day: Pets.
Song of the Day: Mika Nakashima-Oborozukiyo~Inori

No comments: