September 17, 2007


"You would not have called to me unless I had been calling to you," said the Lion.

Snugs got me the Chronicles of Narnia (all seven books compiled into one) as a Christmas gift about two years ago. I've been using it for my bathroom reading for almost a year now, and I just recently started The Silver Chair. Since it's such a fat book, I choose not to carry it around in my backpack to read on the subway or bus. Plus, people always stare at me for reading such a big English book. Anyways, I really like how C.S. Lewis describes Aslan who is supposed to be the Christ-like figure in the story. We usually tend to think of the gentleness, patience, and humility of Christ. But I'm always struck by the fear and awe of the people (and animals) who encounter Aslan. I think there is definitely a sense of majesty and beauty in Christ that we often forget. Our Lord is indeed powerful and worthy of our fear.


I have to get this off my chest. Sometimes, you can really annoy me. I don't understand you fully well no matter how hard I try. Everyone agrees that you're dirty and smell bad. People want to get away from you because you suck the life out of them. I'll admit that there are times when I want to run away from you. You change every season, don't you? But God has His reasons for allowing me to meet you. I've learned a lot from you and cannot help but love you. I'm committing at least another year to you. Happy Anniversary, Seoul.

Thought of the Day: Sunday.

No comments: