September 9, 2007


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was hanging out with Enoch today, and he was telling me how there was a new iPod Nano that can play videos now, too. Well, as I was updating my itunes on my computer, I also learned that the iPod Touch will be coming out soon (supposedly 9/28). I just finished watching the Guided Tour for it, and it looks pretty crazy. I remember reading about it in an article about a year and a half ago before I even got my iPod Video. I remember thinking that I didn't want to get the iPod yet because it would become obsolete after the new(er) iPod comes out. Well, it's finally come out, and I want it just like I wanted my iPod last year. Freakin' technology and consumerism.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had a pretty crazy day yesterday. Since I'm becoming the head teacher at Elite, my boss gave me the lovely assignment of making curricula for future TOEFL and SSAT programs. The best part is that she needs it done by Tuesday after informing me about it on Friday. Can anyone guess how I spent my Saturday? Like I said, I had a pretty crazy day yesterday. English conversation from 10:30-4, unexpected dinner plans from 6-8:30, and curriculum from 8:40-4. That's right. 4 A.M. That's 7 hours behind the computer. You see why I always gotta bail, Jaepil?

But anyways, I've also got some news. During one of my English conversation sessions, I was sharing about how my church life is still pretty rough. Most people just tell me to hang in there or feel sorry for me. But my friend actually challenged me to leave the church and find a right place for worship. I acknowledged her concern and that was that. But this morning, my dad randomly told me to think about talking to the pastor regarding any more future teaching responsibilities. Perhaps, it would be a good idea to think about the importance of my church life. When I woke up this morning, I had no intention of leaving my church. Well, guess what? I'm going to be leaving my church. Pastor Cho was very understanding, and I thank God for allowing me to meet the people that I met. Thank you, friends and family, if you've been praying for me. Now I gotta find me a good church. I REALLY hate visiting churches, right Enoch?

For you losers who've been reading my blog for many years now, do you remember my private Irvine students, Jordan and Dillon, from a looong time ago? Well, they just registered at my hakwon last week. It is absolutely such a small world. Naturally, Jordan asked me, "What are you doing here?" On Thursday, they both got caught for copying each other's homework. Although they're bigger and uglier, some habits just don't break. 진짜 반갑다.

Finally, my private student, David, was listening to Ben E. King's "Stand By Me," and he thought the song was saying, "So darling, darling, ZIM...BA...BWE! Oooooh ZIM...BA...BWE! Oh ZIM...ZIMBABWE. ZIMBABWE." Goofy Koreans.

Thought of the Day: 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
Song of the Day: The Melody-Good Bye

No comments: