November 19, 2006

i can't believe how much time it takes to email and blog.

this past weekend, my dad took me to where he grew up as a child. since the traffic was so bad, we first hit up a recommended restaurant.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
you can't see everything in the picture, but there were actually 15 different banchans on our table. 15!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
then we hit up my dad's old elementary schools. he actually told me a really funny story from his childhood. my grandfather was actually the principal of the school, so he used to give speeches to the whole school while all the kids lined up in their classes. well, this one time, my grandfather was giving a speech, and students started laughing. my grandfather continued to his speech, but again there was laughter! my grandfather looked around his clothes and wiped his face, but there was nothing wrong. but when he turned around, he saw my four year old dad who was imitating him the whole time in front of the whole school. haha. so funny.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
this is where my dad used to live when he was in 5th grade. the place is locked up, and no one lives there. since the school provides housing for the principal, their house was right next to the school.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
my dad lived in a very rural yet peaceful area. as a kid, he didn't watch tv or play video games. he used to climb trees and race down mountains with his friends.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and to finish off the weekend, Grace, Jane, and Pris took me to Costco. their Bulgogi Bake is the closest thing to a burrito i'll get. quite delicious by the way.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

i'm really sad that i'm going to miss Thanksgiving this year. turkey, hold'em, and Black Friday. you guys are so lucky. i like to tell my students about Thanksgiving food and how much i miss it. they laugh at how sad i get. it really is no laughing matter though. because i'm missing out on this wonderful holiday, i've already fastforwarded to Christmas mode. i already made my "Christmas Mix" last week, so i'm already in the happy holiday season. "Give up the dough on Christmas, yo!"

Thought of the Day: Longer hair.
Song of the Day: Tony Bennett-Winter Wonderland

No comments: