November 23, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
went to my first palace in Korea. i took all these other pictures of the actual palace, but they're boring. i like this one the best.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jaepil and i went to Namsan Tower too. we were lucky that it was unusually clear, so we were able to see all of Seoul. as i told him, pictures can never do justice, so i stopped taking pictures. we had to go back to the terrace three times cause the view was that nice.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
this is my favorite class that i teach. two students who really struggle with English but manage to make me smile every time i see them. during our five minute break times, most of my older students like to knock out while they can. it kills me to have to wake them up for the next lesson. lately, i've been having some trouble with my spelling. my SSAT student had to point out that i had written "judje" and "imigrate" on the board. i can't believe those words looked absolutely fine to me. i was like, "what? what's wrong with it?" sad, dude.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
this was the Thanksgiving dinner i had with my dad when i got home. leftover kimbab, instant miyok gook, and my Frankenstein pasta.

i realized that i really don't read enough, so i got myself to start reading on the bus and subways. besides my bathroom reading, i've been reading this book called "O. Henry's American Scenes." it's a buncha short stories with meaningful twists and ironies that are supposedly known by every Korean high school student. *shrug* in the light of Thanksgiving, i read a very touching and appropriate story with a quote i'd like to share:

“Good morning. I am glad to see that the troubles of another year have not hurt you. You continue to move in health about the beautiful world. For that blessing you and I can give thanks on this day of Thanksgiving. If you will come with me, my man, I will give you a dinner that will surely make your body feel as thankful as your mind.”

-Old Gentleman from Two Thanksgiving Day Gentlemen

coming to Korea, i've learned to be more grateful for my family. i think i secretly assumed that most families were healthier and happier than mine. i learned the contrary. there's alotta screwed up, unhappy relationships out there. a good family is such a wonderful gift from God. i still cannot believe it. what are you thankful for?

Thought of the Day: $20.
Song of the Day: Red Hot Chili Peppers-Otherside

No comments: