May 30, 2006




my cousin from Korea called me last night. even though we hadn't communicated in over 3 years, those 5 min. on the phone felt like we had never departed.

me: are you calling with a phone card?
cousin: no, i'm calling from home.
me: really? isn't that going to be expensive?
cousin: yeah, it's going to be expensive.

after we hung up, a wave of Korea nostalgia swept over me. dude, i am so ready to get out of here!

whenever i imagine myself living in Korea, i can't picture a good time. i tend to focus on the language barriers and culture shock that i will experience for several months. i have fearful thoughts that my cousins will be my only friends for one whole year. i also wonder how i will grow spiritually in a country like the motherland. i have yet to hear of a reformed church in Korea that i can serve and attend. *sigh* how am i going to manage without In N' Out for so long? i can barely last one week. can anyone guess what my last meal will be before i board the plane?

if i don't invite you to my graduation, don't take it personally. i only have 5 tickets for my ceremony.

Thought of the Day: Could it be, if you could be mine, we'd both shine.
Song of the Day: Nas & Ludacris-Virgo

No comments: