June 2, 2006


today, my professor told us that if we want to scare away Jehovah's Witnesses, we should start taking off our clothes in front of them. i thought it was pretty funny.

i was daydreaming today and remembered a time in third grade when we had a gift exchange around Christmas time. i don't know if my mom was crazy stingy or my family was really poor, but my mom had the brilliant idea of using one of my old, naked Ninja Turtles as my gift. it was poorly wrapped and very unattractive to the other students. i don't remember the details, but i remember getting my own gift back for the gift exchange. i was so disappointed and embarrassed that i cried when i opened it. i wonder what my mom was thinking.

for my hiphop class, our final is to do a group presentation of a hiphop element or artist. my group chose to do Nas. out of the 7 members, i am the only Asian. but the crazy thing that gets to me is that i am the unofficial group leader. i came up with all of the ideas for the project. i delegated all of the responsibilities to everyone. everyone asks me if i think their ideas are cool. it's so weird. i am never the group project leader EVER. i really dislike working on group projects though. there's always one or two people who just don't do their jobs right. they give the whackiest ideas or don't show up on time. i learned in my psych. class that while group projects are meant to encourage teamwork and cooperation, our society has emphasized success and individuality so much that we don't care about the groupwork because we are so focused on our own grades. very very true.

lately, i've been wearing the same clothes over and over again. the main reason is because i'm always sleeping over someone's house/apt. i remember i used to care so much about what people thought of my clothes in high school. it probably has something to do with being teased for wearing tight jeans in middle school. man, those were some terrible times. i remember i had the most uncomfortable time trying to sag my oh so tight jeans. sometimes it didn't work out either because you'd be able to see my underwear through my white shirt. thank goodness college doesn't give a crap about how you dress. as long as i don't smell, i can keep wearing the same pants over and over again.

Thought of the Day: Encino Man.
Song of the Day: Nas-One Time 4 Your Mind

No comments: