December 16, 2003

i visited kevin's apt. in san jo today. really small place. in fact, it was pretty similar to a single dorm...except it had its own bathroom and sink. the only thing missing was a stove but that was ok. i wouldn't mind living in a place like that by myself. anyways, meeting up with that guy always depresses me. he's always discontent with his life and everything that's going on. educationally, socially, and spiritually, i just have alot of pity for him. but he's one of the few friends i've managed to keep in touch with even after high school.

as i was driving home today, it hit me how much God has blessed me. despite all of my sinfulness and wicked ways, God is still so good to me. you know, it doesn't make any sense to me. i can't help but think, "WHO AM I TO DESERVE THIS?!" i am seriously no better than those who hate and curse God. but it all goes back to grace and mercy right? we are all creations of a wonderful God. His love has no bounds. God can forgive me an infinite number of times. He is not a God who tallies up our sins and punishes us after sin #1 million. it really is a mind-boggling thing. God loves a sinner like me. the fact that i can even realize that i'm a sinner and that God is holy...i praise Him for that. even this knowledge is grace. when i talk to non-christians, they really don't see their sinfulness or God's holiness. but for me to even recognize such a reality really does amaze me. what a gracious God! Romans 5:20-21. it always goes back to that.

Thought of the Day: Happy Birthday Danny!
Song of the Day: Phil Wickham-Jesus, Lord Of Heaven

No comments: