December 6, 2002

yesterday, i got about 62.5% of my x-mas shopping done and it only took me 3 hours! i feel like i'm getting better and better at choosing gifts and managing my money. well, i'm actually still working on the over-spending...especially on gifts for myself. yeah!!! so according to my calculations, i'll be spending $300 instead of $200. i know this is bad, but i suppose this could always be worse, right? oh, and if you don't get a gift from me this year, it was probably b/c you weren't that nice to me. i have my own checklist called NICE THINGS THAT PEOPLE DO FOR ME. the top 10% will receive gifts. the remaining 90% should not even expect to receive a card. yeah, sometimes life just isn't fair.

last night, i played blackjack for hits with minh, janet, and annie. i usually suck at cards but i was lucking out like crazy last night. everytime i won, i went all out on minh's arm. i must have won 15 while my poor roommate won 3. we had to stop b/c his arm was starting to look like it was chewed up by a dog. but the fun didn't stop there...

i haven't gambled with cards in a really long time. i think the last time i played for money was when i was in 8th grade. man, that was a long time ago. i remember playing matt ji for pushups and i remember ending up with like over 200 pushups. in otherwords, i was destined to stay away from places like Las Vegas or Tahoe. but i felt really lucky tonight so we all decided to play with our laundry money. towards the end, i ended up winning 3 dollars from minh...which is kind of alot if you're playing with quarters! but the last game, i decided to make it a little more exciting and put in all 3 dollars. my roommate who was seriously playing like crap the whole night got a blackjack and won all of our money. so i ended up not gaining or losing any of my money. gosh, gambling is alot of fun! i can see how people can make it an idol but i can also see how people can just enjoy gambling for the sake of having fun. and of course, winning is always cool.

Thought of the Day: Last lecture of 2002!
Song of the Day: Wheesung-A Bad Dream

No comments: