August 12, 2019

Upgrades and Downgrades

The past couple of weeks have been filled with consecutive life improvements.

New Phone
I probably could have used the S7 for a bit longer, but it's kinda hard to say no to a brand new phone for $500. I even got Verizon to waive the $40 upgrade fee! Glad I waited till post-Cambodia.
Image result for galaxy s7 to s10

New TV
My brother and I were watching Gran Torino and thought it was strange how they had filmed the movie with these weird horizontal lines. Turns out Clint did not film the movie with those lines; they are signs of failing graphics or damage. It is not easy watching a TV that resembles binder paper. Also kinda hard to say no to a 4K TV for $380!
Image result for lg 55UK6090PUA
New Rice Cooker
We knew Simon's rice cooker from college was on the older side, but it still got the job done...until yesterday. The rice smelled something evil even though I had just made it a couple of days ago and it left a permanent stain on the inner lid. Kinda hard to say no to a new multi-purpose pot for $50.



But school has been a different story.

The principal left our school (again).
My school buddy, the Librarian, emailed me today that he would not be returning.
The assistant principal hired someone today to replace my current co-teacher.

The upcoming school year feels like a downgrade.


Thought of the Day: Prepping
Song of the Day: Beach Boys-Good Vibrations

No comments: