November 21, 2014

Homeland from the Motherland

My brother's been telling me for years to jump on Homeland, but I continually refused after being convinced that it would just be another show like 24. But he somehow got my dad to start watching it. My dad somehow got my mom to start. And since my mom never watches anything and seeing how much she enjoyed it, I finally caved and used it as my break from GRE studies, which I will finally be taking tomorrow (bring it on!).

As the show centers on a POW who's been gone for the past eight years, I couldn't help but imagine that the show foreshadows a bit of what I might go through real soon. I, too, have been gone for eight years being tortured and brainwashed in the dungeons of Seoul. Just kidding. There was no brainwashing involved, but I suspect some of my American family and friends might believe that I've "turned." I'm prepared for all your FOB taunts and mockeries.

I just finished the first season, and I think the show's alright but not great. However, I thought this short parody was great.


Thought of the Day: Fulbright Building
Song of the Day: The Byrds-Turn! Turn! Turn! (to Everything There Is a Season)

No comments: