November 29, 2014

D-14

I spent this past week hanging out a lot with my old co-worker, Brian. In our first meeting, we had coffee and went to go watch Fury. I really enjoyed this war movie and, as always, looked up all the trivia afterward on IMDB. Apparently, Shia Lebeouf became a Christian while filming Fury and had a very inspirational way of sharing about his experience. This is what it says on IMDB:

It has been reported that Shia LaBoeuf became a Christian while filming 'Fury'. LaBoeuf's actual words were, "I found God during Fury. I became a Christian man, and not in a f___ing bulls__t way - in a very real way. I could have just said the prayers that were on the page, but [...] it's a full-blown exchange of heart, a surrender of control." He commented that talking with Brad Pitt, who grew up in a conservative Christian home but rejected Christianity, and with David Ayers, the Christian director of 'Fury', helped crystallise his thinking.

Upon reading that quote, I looked up some of his recent interviews and loved the way he recounted his arrest story:

The second time I met up with Brian, we went to the DMZ and even got to enter JSA since we're American citizens. It was the one foreigner touristy thing I never got to do. DMZ was so-so, but JSA was pretty cool.
I'm actually technically standing in North Korea in that picture. I had one last meeting with him and a bunch of his friends for my last Thanksgiving in Korea with spicy pork ribs. 

After finishing up my GRE and finally sending out my grad school apps, I've been having some serious senioritis as my departure for L.A. has been approaching rather quickly. My mind is on overload as I'm packing up, meeting a million people, and still trying to squeeze in some math while I have some time. I don't know how I'm going to pass my CSETs. 

That new Star Wars teaser looks crazy.

Thought of the Day: 민속촌
Song of the Day: Yoon Do Hyun Band-나는 나비

No comments: