December 28, 2013

Smaug

I had put off watching the second Hobbit movie due to lack of finances and interest, but I finally mustered enough will to reserve a ticket and make time before it disappeared from theaters. Although I was limited to a front row seat at a matinee hour, I was able to get a generous discount and appreciate a lowly anticipated movie with an AWESOME dragon.

That is one mean dragon. It's almost disappointing to know that he'll die in the next movie, which I had no idea about. I was sitting through the movie wondering how in the world Peter Jackson was going to wrap up this whole story in the next 30...20...10 minutes! And so when the movie ended with those awesome lines, "I am fire. I am...DEATH," I was half-disappointed that I'd have to watch another Hobbit movie but also satisfied with how this sequel ended. But yeah, I am totally a fan of Smaug now.

Thought of the Day: Jansport

No comments: