July 20, 2011

A Wrinkle in Time

I finally read A Wrinkle in Time for the first time in my life. I had always seen this book's title in many book lists and people's libraries, so I had assumed it was another children's classic like The Phantom Tollbooth or The Cricket in Times Square. It turns out that it's actually a book for young adults filled with a number of Christian themes and controversial references. One quote that really resonated with me was:

"She had found her father and he had not made everything all right. Everything kept getting worse and worse. If the long search for her father was ended, and he wasn't able to overcome all difficulties, there was nothing to guarantee that it would all come out right in the end. There was nothing left to hope for."

We pursue so many things that convince us that they will be the answer to all of our problems and desires, only to find out that they aren't "able to overcome all difficulties." I hate how I know this but still continue my "long search for father."

I didn't like this book.

Thought of the Day: Slippers
Song of the Day: After School-밤 하늘에

No comments: