March 11, 2011

Where in the world is 평택?

This is my friend, Joe, who lives in a far off land called 평택. He technically lives in a place called 안성, but everybody confuses that with 안산. I visited him yesterday to see just how country his area is. This is a picture of him giving me an idea.

He told me that there was a river nearby the area, so we did a lot of walking to check it out. We concluded that we should come back again when it's warmer and go fishing here with some of the guys.

As dinner was approaching and Joe didn't have a clue as to what was good in his area, I looked up Naver to see what would make my long journey worthwhile. A few people recommended this 부대찌개 place as there happens to be a military base nearby. This place took us forever to find; I think I literally had to stop and ask eight different people for directions.


But we found it.

And had our ramen with it...only to conclude that it wasn't worth the search. But we found it, tried it, and never have to go back again. I think I wanna explore more of 경기 on my off days.

Thought of the Day: Gift Ideas
Song of the Day: Donawhale-Echo

No comments: