March 12, 2011

This week's persecuted church: China

Jiang, a 41-year-old Christian lawyer who has campaigned for religious freedom in China was seized by authorities who have refused to tell his wife where they are holding him or whether he has been charged. On February 19th, he was taken to a police station for interrogation where his head was knocked against a wall. In an interview just days before his arrest, he said, "My only hope is that the day comes later, but I cannot avoid it at all...the authorities tied Gao (another outspoken lawyer who has been missing since April 2010) up and beat him continually. They used an electric shock baton on his penis. As a human being I am definitely afraid of torutre, but they cannot stop us doing the right thing - the pursuit of justice...it is a deterrent to other human rights lawyers. They want to fill our hearts with terror and fear. They also imply that the treatment Gao Zhisheng suffered could also happen to us...please pray that the Lord will strengthen me and give me wisdom."

I was inspired by Tiff to start this up again. I thought nobody read this stuff. Spread the awareness and pray!

No comments: