March 4, 2011

For All You Preachers

"I believe that the messages that are most full of Christ are the most likely to be blessed to the conversion of the hearers. Let your sermons be full of Christ-from beginning to end crammed full of the Gospel. As for myself, I cannot preach anything but Christ and His cross, for I know nothing else. Long ago, like the apostle Paul, I determined not to know anything else 'save Jesus Christ, and him crucified' (1 Corinthians 2:2). People have often asked me, 'What is the secret of your success?' I always answer that I have no other secret but this: I have preached the Gospel-not about the Gospel, but the Gospel-the full, free, glorious Gospel of the living Christ who is the incarnation of the Good News. Preach Jesus Christ, always and everywhere. Every time you preach, be sure to have much of Christ in the message...We must have Christ in all our messages, no matter what else is in them or not in them. There ought to be enough of the Gospel in every message to save a soul."
-C.H. Spurgeon from The Soul Winner

Thought of the Day: Debt
Song of the Day: Kara-Jet Coaster

No comments: