December 19, 2010

Narnia in 3-D

I watched my first 3-D movie today. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Like most films based on books, the movie didn't do justice to C. S. Lewis' children's novel. I was looking forward to seeing Aslan hack up the dragon, but there wasn't a single drop of blood in the entire movie. But like the other two movies, I appreciated all the scenes where the mighty yet gentle Aslan comes out as I have a better idea of why Christ is referred to as the Lion of the tribe of Judah (Rev. 5:5).

As I've finished the preaching series, I've begun a new series on the history of Christianity. One thing that I learned recently was that there have been records of infant baptism as early as the second century and that the early Christians weren't as concerned with the modes of baptism such as dunking, pouring, sprinkling, etc. One thing that caught my attention in the introduction to this course was that it pointed out how Americans are very ignorant or apathetic towards the study and significance of history. Even when it comes to studying church history, we often focus merely on the history of the Catholic Church, Martin Luther and the Reformation, and the pious Puritans. Since I qualify for both categories, I felt a responsibility but also a desire to learn of our rights and wrongs from the past. I'm taking seminary courses for free!

Thought of the Day: 냠
Song of the Day: I Exalt Thee

No comments: