November 14, 2010

Relationships

I met up with a friend last night that I hadn't seen in nearly two years. As we caught up, I learned two very shocking bits of news.

1. I met her older brother and his fiancee about three years ago. I was convinced that they would be one of those amazingly happy and fun couples that were totally meant for each other. They ended up getting divorced within a year!

2. We both have a mutual friend who used to date my cousin. I didn't have a very positive first impression and never cared much for her while she was dating my cousin. Not particularly warm or attractive in any way. Homegirl ended up getting married last month!

Even my friend took me by surprise! She has an awesome personality and great sense of humor, but I never thought any guy could fall for her. Turns out she had dated two different guys, one for two years even.

Why are people and relationships so unpredictable? I have a feeling God's going to throw me a curveball too. Hopefully, it doesn't curve so much that I end up living alone in Simon's basement. Somebody tell my wife to stop playing hide-n-seek and come out already. It's not funny anymore!

Thought of the Day: 신당동
Song of the Day: Far East Movement-Like A G6

1 comment:

elisa said...

"Even my friend took me by surprise! She has an awesome personality and great sense of humor, but I never thought any guy could fall for her"

lol. dang phil... let's hope your friend never comes across your blog! haha