May 16, 2010

소개팅s, 미팅s, and 화이팅s?

I average one blind date per year. But this year, I had two that were back to back, so I feel all 소개팅ed out. And just like the rest, they were unsuccessful. One funny thing about these meetings is that I've noticed a commonality of questions that the girls will ask me. For example:

1. Where did you learn Korean?

2. Why did you come to Korea?

3. When are you going back?

4. How do you eat so well and stay so skinny?

5. Do you live with your parents?

6. How many students do you teach?

7. Do you like America or Korea better?

I know it makes sense for them to ask me these things, but it always surprises me how they ALL ask me these same exact questions. But one habit that I've developed is telling the girl to not think of this as a 소개팅 and to just have fun. One 아저씨 told me to say that if I was interested in the girl, but I find myself using it more because I don't like the girl. Ha. Isn't that terrible? For all you ladies who end up on a 소개팅 with me, if I insist that we go to 노래방, I'm sorry but that means that you're a no-go. More singing, less talking. =D

I know I'm no Brad Pitt and looks aren't everything, but give a dog a bone!

Thought of the Day: Ecuador
Song of the Day: Wonder Girls-So Hot (English Version)

1 comment:

elisa said...

LOL