December 10, 2009

If you say what you say you are...a superstar


Some of you had heard that she was gone for good.  She disappeared.  Enoch & co. mourned.  Joy was lost.  But today, one of her faithful disciples shared the news that she had resurrected!  Star Burger is up and running in 이대!  Rejoice!


I have another reason to rejoice.  My computer had been doing fine for a while until I had decided to install Service Pack 3.  All it did was slow down my computer and eat up all my memory in my main hard drive.  As a result, I cleansed my computer of all impurities and brought this back to life as well.  My computer is just a lil over three years old, but it always runs fine after I reformat it.  I actually take pride in being able to use things for a long time.  For example:

-my '94 Mazda Protege that has over 260,000 miles and has gone through (I think) four different radiators!  That car has too many stories to tell, right Simon?
-both of my computers back at home that were born in 2002.  One of them has a dvd-rom that doesn't read dvds anymore.  The other has a cd-rom that doesn't read cds anymore.  I refuse to let them die!
-my Sony TV that my family bought in 1994.  It's actually the only TV in my family that is a part of my memory.  It's got this greenish bluish thing growing in one of the corners of the screen.  Otherwise, it gets the job done.
-my NIV Bible that I got in my senior year of high school.  I never understood how people could have such torn up Bibles, but mine finally caved in.  It's got duct tape on both covers and everything.  But I am unashamedly happy to say that I am now putting my ESV to regular use.

One of my greatest regrets that I have in life is trading away all of my Michael Jordan basketball cards.  I had gone through a stupid Grant Hill phase, and I don't even know what happened to those.  I even had a Fleer Ultra Kobe Bryant rookie card that I had sold for $1.  How was I supposed to know that he was going to be all crazy?  But yeah, these make it to the woulda coulda shoulda list.  Stupid!

Thought of the Day:  Redemptive Value
Song of the Day:  Lupe Fiasco-Superstar




No comments: