October 14, 2009

"During the night a change awakened him and he lay with his eyes open in the dark until he realized that a breeze had come up and that the temperature was rising and the hard-bite cold was gone and there would probably be some snow coming. He didn't care. He missed summer and the short fall that had followed but in some ways he liked winter better. He hadn't, he thought, smiling as he went to sleep, seen a mosquito in months..."
-Brian's Winter

I usually hate winter. I don't like how my skin dries up and itches all over. I don't like how my ipod turns off because the battery gets too cold while I'm waiting for the bus. I hate how stiff my neck gets from hunching my shoulders for so long while walking to my next student's house. I hate how I can't ball anymore. I usually hate winter, but this year, I look forward to having NO MOSQUITOES!

I think this year was an all time worst. These days, I literally wake up at least two times in the middle of the night because I have AT LEAST two mosquitoes that take turns feeding on me. Last night, one little monster turned my face into Rocky Balboa. Seriously, can somebody turn the 모기 machine off already?!

One of the best things about living in Korea for me has been the many travels that I've been on. Every summer or winter, I manage to go somewhere new.

Winter '07-태백 with dad
Summer '07-all over the south with dad
Winter '08-China to visit Dinko
Summer '08-제주 with dad
Winter '09-Thailand to visit Brian
Summer '09-Mongolia with church
Winter '10-???

Where will the Lord send me this time?

I'm rewatching Pulp Fiction these days. After not watching it for so long, I was reminded of why I considered it to be my favorite movie.

It's not for everyone, but it's certainly for me!

By the way, Brian's Winter wasn't that great.

Thought of the Day: Wrestling
Song of the Day: Epik High-Wannabe

No comments: