July 16, 2009

Sometimes, I really hate where I live. I hate how church is so far. I hate how the train gets stuck at 신도림 and causes me to arrive 10 minutes late. I hate how NO bus goes to 강남 or 잠실 from where I live. I hate how the garbage truck always comes at 2AM and wakes me up if my window isn't closed. I hate how I live right above the 노래방 where my ridiculous landlord and his wife have nightly drinking and Go/Stop with their ridiculous friends. I hate how nobody is ever down to come all the way to the nicer 오목교 courts to ball.

Sometimes, I really love where I live. I love how cheap my rent is for its size. I love how the bus stop is 30 seconds away from my building. I love how subway lines 2 and 5 are 3 minutes away from my building. I love how close I live to Hi Mart, Homeplus, and Costco. I love how convenient it is to commute to 90% of my students. I love how I live right across from the place where I get my 8,000won haircuts and can just look out my window to see if the guy has any customers. I love how I live only 10 bus minutes away from the best courts in all of Korea.

I wonder what my life would be like if I lived inside Hyperion.

Earlier tonight, I screamed really loud after I missed a lay up. Everyone was really shocked, and my teammate even held out his hand to indicate that it was alright. I don't know. I realized that I missed yelling in basketball. All that adrenaline and aggression being expressed through sweat and scream. Unfortunately, both are socially unacceptable in Korea. I can control the shouting, but the sweating is gonna have to be tolerated. I don't think I've ever loved basketball this much in my entire life.

Summer retreat is here. This is the first time I'm actually excited about a retreat. And this year, I have a feeling that I won't be the first one to go to bed every night. I guess I am expecting a different retreat.

Thought of the Day: Tunebite
Song of the Day: The The Band-가리워진 꿈

No comments: