June 20, 2009

This week's persecuted church: Vietnam
Police officers have disrupted services at Agape Baptist on April 19, May 24, May 31, and June 7. Worshipers, including women, were beaten. The pastor and elder were arrested, put into separate cells, and beaten by a gang of five policemen. They were beat in a way that did not leave any marks: hard blows to the stomach. Petitions to the government for religious freedom are ignored or denied. The leaders of this church say, "Persecution is a sign that the Lord is at work," but they feel pain in seeing their Christian family disrespected, mistreated, and abused.
Last night, I went out with some Daewon teachers in 건대. The language and conversation were so foul and different that I realized that I've been surrounding myself around just Christians again. I really felt like someone had inserted me into an American Pie movie! But the thing that bothered me the most that night was when we all shared who are favorite hip hop artist was. After I got persecuted for saying Biggie, this one guy started going off on how great Ja Rule was. Freakin' Ja Rule. He said he liked his voice or some garbage like that. And just for that, I shamelessly bopped my head to Biggie songs in the subway all the way home. I totally showed him. Freakin' Ja Rule. Nigga please.

Thought of the Day: LOST Season 5
Song of the Day: Humming Urban Stereo-Salad Day

No comments: