September 10, 2008

If you were watching SBS around 11:30 or 12 last night, supposedly I was on TV for three seconds. Haha. I don't even remember walking past any cameraman.

Today is September 11 also known as 9/11. Seven years ago, I was late for school in the morning and Greg Choy asked me if I had heard that the World Trade Center had blown up. To that, I simply responded, "What's a 'World Trade Center'?"

I don't know how well some of you guys think you know me, but I am actually pretty dang ignorant with a lot of things. Did you know that I didn't know what the word, "stubborn," meant until my senior year in high school? I actually did not know how to do high school geometry until I started tutoring one of my kids in college. It's actually quite fascinating how much I've been able to get away with it.

One thing that I did not expect to be good at was teaching the TOEFL. Ok, "good" is being too generous, so let's just say that I'm not so ignorant about the test. But after teaching it for 1.5 years, I finally had my first student to break 110 today. I don't know whether to feel proud or sad that it took that long to have my first successful student.

Tutoring...

Me: So what's the difference between this story and an encyclopedia?
Daniel: Well, an encyclopedia is boring and...

I totally guffawed.

Thought of the Day: Herb.
Song of the Day: Idol-환상 체험

No comments: