June 1, 2008


Here is a picture of my favorite pencil/pen that I received as a gift from my dad in high school. I finally began to use it for work some time last year since this awesome tool not only functions as a mechanical pencil but also works as a black and red pen. Can you get any more perfect? It's especially helpful for grading papers and writing homework sheets for work. Anyways, maybe about a year ago, one of my students gave me another one of these pens as a gift just out of the blue for no particular reason. I gladly accepted it for two are always better than one. Then a couple of months ago, our EM members received the same exact pen as a gift for our three year anniversary. If two are better than one, then surely three must be better than two, right?

Two weeks ago, I lost my first pen at work. Rather, someone took it from me and did not bother to ask if anyone's awesome pen was missing. One week ago, I dropped my second pen in the sanctuary while packing my stuff up after service. That's two gone. Now I only have my PCL English Ministry version to work with. Although it's no big deal, I wonder why God allowed two of my favorite pens to disappear one week after another. I guess sometimes you just have to lose some good things in your life in order to gain some things that are better. I wonder what I'll gain this time.

Thought of the Day: Bethel.
Song of the Day: Sixpence None The Richer-Breathe

No comments: