June 10, 2008

1 Kings 19:4-8-He came to a broom tree, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. "I have had enough, Lord," he said. "Take my life; I am not better than my ancestors." Then he lay down under the tree and fell asleep. All at once an angel touched him and said, "Get up and eat." He looked around, and there by his head was a cake of bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again. The angel of the LORD came back a second time and touched him and said, "Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you." So he got up and ate and drank.

Just the other night, I was chatting with Dinko who has been sick for some time now. I told him I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to be sick right now with the hot weather. Well, guess who decided to join Dinko? Whenever others are sick, I always tell them to take plenty of fluids, get much rest, and EAT! But now that I'm the one who's sick, I find it so burdensome to take care of myself by looking after my meals and whatnot.

Yesterday at work, I was pretty much repeating the words of Elijah, "I have had enough, Lord. Take my life." With all the stress of work and illness, I really just wanted to give it all up. One of my coworkers has been having many obstacles with getting a visa, and she often proclaims, "I give up!" Last night, I was speaking with a friend who has been having it tough and has, in a sense, "given up."

Friends, if you are having pains and inconveniences in your life, let us be encouraged that our Lord calls us to "get up and eat." He will help us to keep going through this heinous journey called life. Are you eating your spiritual food everyday?

Thought of the Day: 좌절금지
Song of the Day: David Crowder Band-All Creatures Of Our God And King (No. 2)

No comments: