January 13, 2008


Whenever we think of 찜질방s in Korea, we think of a nice place where one can relax and sleep. Well, I just watched a documentary about a father and son who were living in a 찜질방 cause they couldn't afford their own place. The dad had no stable job and was always grateful to find one that could pay him 80,000won for that day. There were even times where he couldn't find work for a few days and couldn't afford to go into the 찜질방. The mom left them 6 years ago as they haven't seen her since.

I hadn't seen any documentaries for several months now, but I think I really needed to watch this one. I felt so ashamed about how much I complain about my minor discomforts with work and housing. There are too many people out there who have it so much harder. That father and son are probably at the 찜질방 right now anticipating another hard day. Thanks for the documentary, Jae.

Thought of the Day: 가문
Song of the Day: Epik High-Let It Rain

No comments: