January 17, 2008


Here is a picture of one of my TOEFL students studying so hard for his daily vocabulary tests. As you can see in his humorous drawing, he really wants to get a 120 (perfect score) on the TOEFL. David's actually one of our hakwon's most special students because his English is fluent even though he's never been abroad before. This kid seriously studies harder than a lot of college students that I know.

I have a very special heart for David because he also happens to be a Christian. He gets a lot of pressure from his mom and seems to hate his life these days. Ever since he entered middle school, he's been finding very little meaning in his life as he studies with no end and apparently, no real purpose. Anyways, whenever I see him groan and sigh, my heart totally resonates with him. He doesn't get much sleep, and I don't get much sleep. He comes to hakwon, and I come to hakwon. He writes papers, and I grade papers.

David, I feel you, man.

Thought of the Day: Green Hills.
Song of the Day: Jinusean-Gasoline

No comments: