November 28, 2007



In my Monday/Wednesday LG class, I have this one student named Ryan. He's probably the youngest member (32 years old?), but he looks, acts, and lives really young. It's really funny whenever he tells me that he went to check out a new club during the weekend cause clubbing is one of his hobbies (really REALLY hard to imagine). He recently came back from Switzerland, so he's been pretty jetlagged with the 8 hour time difference. I asked him what he did to help him fall asleep, and he told me that he played with his Nintendo DS. Isn't that hilarious?

I'm no 32 year old, but I'm definitely over video games. I pretty much lost interest after Puzzle Fighter and DDR way back in high school. It's really shocking for Koreans to hear that I don't play ANY computer games cause it's such a big part of their lives. But the funny thing is, after today's conversation about Ryan's Nintendo DS, I'm foolishly starting to want one too. Playing Mario or Tetris on the subway doesn't seem too bad of an idea, especially when you're always seeing grown men in business suits playing Yoshi unabashedly when they're sitting right next to you. It's 150,000won in Korea but $130 in the U.S. What's up with that?

Thought of the Day: Christmas Mixes.
Song of the Day: Raveonettes-The Christmas Song

No comments: