November 7, 2007


For the past several weeks, my students haven’t been able to stop chanting, “TELL ME, TELL ME, TeTeTeTe…TELL ME.” At first, I didn’t know they were singing the Wonder Girls song, and I’d tell them to stop being annoying. The other day, I saw two of my hakwon students doing some of the dance moves outside. One of my boy students (totally borderline gay) couldn’t stop singing and doing the dance in class. But I must confess that I now listen to the song on my ipod as it is now THE Korean pop song to sing and (apparently) dance to. The crazy thing is that the oldest girl in the group is 19 years old! The youngest ones are 15! Young singers like BoA or even Younha didn’t bother me much, but Wonder Girls have officially made me feel a bit older. Ugh, stupid catchy pop songs!

Last night, my private student, David, was super rude to me. He didn't serve me any food or drink, played his computer game with empty apologies, and whined about how bad his day was without telling me why. At one point, I was so indignant that I was about to get up and leave, but it's a good thing I was able to endure to the end. He kept asking me if I was available to play with him on Saturday even though I repeatedly told him I'd probably be busy. Five minutes before we ended tutoring, he told me that his parents were letting me go. He started tearing up and began to cry. I've never had a student who liked me this much before. As relieved I am about not having to tutor til 11:30 anymore, I'm really sad that I won't be seeing David anymore. I promised him that we'd play together on Saturday.

Lately, I've been having a hankering for a lot of junk food like chocolate or ramen. I think it's cause of the weather that's getting colder and colder. I haven't exercised in three weeks, and I don't plan to for another three months. My body's probably telling me to stock up some fat for the winter. It's slowly creeping up and for some reason, I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Thought of the Day: SAT pwned.
Song of the Day: Wonder Girls-Tell Me

No comments: