March 10, 2007

I've been praying about a lot of things lately. On Thursday, I was at a point where I was so discouraged that I felt like God wasn't listening to me (which is pretty rare for me). As I told one of my friends, uncertainty is the most dreadful thing in the world. But by Friday, I got two long awaited prayer requests answered, both dealing with potential jobs. It was just like my dad predicted; God's gonna answer everything all at once! Well, not everything, but it was a big chunk of everything.

Many of you may not know, but I started having English conversational classes with some LG employees twice a week before I go to work. When you go to the LG Twin Tower building, you get a strong sense of professionalism and upper class. Ain't no Elite English Institute.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is generally what our classroom looks like. The chairs are extremely comfortable, and the area is very quiet. It's really weird being this young guy facilitating conversation and teaching people who are at at least a decade older than me. But we have some good discussions and laughs. On our first day, I asked everyone to introduce themselves with their English names. I had names ranging from Kevin to Lucia to Angelo. That Angelo totally grabbed me by surprise...freakin' 40 year old Korean man named Angelo. Hilarious. In our last class, I asked everyone to talk about their hobbies. One guy said that he liked to play Starcraft. It's funny imagining these hardworking office workers playing computer games during their down time.

For all you former KCPC people, Hyunsoo Ra (aka Teacher Hyunsoo (aka Mike Ra)) got married today. It was the first Korean wedding I've ever been to. I know that everyone has their own style, but this wedding seemed very particular to me, probably because it was a kyopo marrying a native. They tried their best to bilingualize (I know that's not a word) everything, which made some parts of the ceremony a bit awkward. But through it all, Hyunsoo and his bride looked terribly happy. Despite their cultural differences and backgrounds, they both love each other very much. It reminded me of how different Christ and the Church are. But with Christ's love, all differences are of no matter. To Mr. and Mrs. Hyunsoo Ra, just as the banner read in the dining hall, I, too, wish you a "HAPPY! WEDDING".
Random: I saw Pastor Mingy or Mingee or Minky or whatever his name is at the wedding. I also met a guy who went to Burlingame High School. Burlingame!

After the wedding, my dad and I had dinner with some family friends of ours. Another thing that you may not know is that my dad is having some major disc problems. His left arm always feels like he's "being stabbed with a knife" because of the nerves. We're not doing so hot financially, but he's in so much pain that he's ready to go into surgery any day. Anyways, after dinner, the adults decided to pray for my dad because one of the ladies had the "gift of healing." As we were praying for him, she started busting out tongues and the shaking, so I was getting more upset than uncomfortable. My dad doesn't really believe in supernatural gifts either, so he thought it was a lil bogus, too. It was funny cause my dad was trying to hint to the lady that she could stop cause her arms might be tired. As we were going home, he told me all that pushing and "healing" only gave him more pain. Go fig.

For one of my classes, I'm reading a book called "Sarah, Plain and Tall." As Sarah talks about her hometown, she says, "There's always something to miss, no matter where you are." People always ask me if I miss America or the friends that I left. As much as I'm enjoying Korea, there are some things that I do miss. I can go on and on about pollo asado burritos or playing hold'em, but the number one, superficial thing that I miss about home is driving. I remember after coming back from Paraguay (2.5 weeks), Edu and I shared how we totally sucked at driving. I actually dread the thought of not knowing how to manuever my car like I used to. Nevertheless, I didn't expect to miss driving. I must emphasize that I miss driving in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. I have absolutely no desire to wheel around the streets of Seoul. That is a NO THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

It was my cousin's birthday yesterday, and as I was hurrying to buy a dvd, I found this.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's not perfect, but neither is he. HA! I hear that the Dago will be leaving for China next month or so. I really miss that sheki, too.
Random: I told one of my classes the story of how Dinko got his name, and they loved it. Even my dad thinks DINKO is a funny name.

Thought of the Day: Stranger.
Song of the Day: Miura Daichi-17 Ways

No comments: