March 3, 2007

I celebrated my March 1st Independence Movement day by visiting the Unification Observatory. In other words, I got to see North Korea...from very far away. One thing I've come to appreciate is this country's history and culture. Before, I really could not understand why Koreans hated Japan so much. I thought Korean history was crazy boring. Even the whole North and South Korea split, I didn't see what the big deal was. Ignorance is a vile thing.

But before the main event, I had some expensive, foreign food with some friends.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Before we started our meal, my friend was telling me how her brother eats a GRIP. She was going on and on about how much he loved to eat and whatnot.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's not like I was trying to beat him, but I cleaned up pretty well...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and was very happy.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Provence Village (that is not a typo).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Finally, we hit up the observatory. That is not North Korea.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is North Korea. One interesting the hyung told me was that you'll notice that there's no trees. He said it's not just the border, but the whole country is like that. The poor country lacks lots of natural resouces.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There was also this huge drum that kept going off. People are supposed to hit it three times for the unification of Korea. It felt great to hit that drum as I wholeheartedly wished for unity.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I also met someone very special. Look how happy she looks.

Today, I had some time to kill, so I visited a palace all by myself.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
very
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
very
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
boring.

My dad was watching The Ten Commandments on his computer last night. I watched some of it with him and realized how inconsistent many of the parts are with the Bible. For example, Moses from the movie was confident and eloquent. Why did they even bother to put Aaron in the movie? Anyways, I remember watching it in second grade and being utterly amazed by the whole thing. I specifically remember being in awe of God and promising to never sin again. Haha. I used to do that a lot. Even in youth group, after some energetic rally or retreat, I'd always tell God that I'd never sin ever again. How utterly wrong I was.

Many people feel that Christianity enslaves people to good works and no fun. The irony is that Christ frees us from good works and shows us what real "fun" is. How many people out there are trying to win God's favor by their good works? No church attendance, passionate prayer, or Bible reading is going to get you into heaven. We all need a mediator. The perfect mediator.

I have made a terrible habit of going to bed past 3am. My social life consists of 24 and GAG skits. They are so very different.

Thought of the Day: Elddeereeddee.
Song of the Day: The Beatles-Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

No comments: