December 5, 2006

the other day, there was some leftover food for me at work...

me: do you want to have some?
joe: no, that's alright. i already had some food.
me: well, if you want to eat, just take some.
ron (3rd grader): are you guys fighting?

kids are already funny to begin with. the fob factor takes it to another level.

Joe, our oldest (and best) teacher told us all that he will be leaving Elite in February because he got a job offer at the number one high school in Korea. although i've barely known him for two months, i have learned that he is a great teacher with a great personality. he's just one of those guys that everyone loves. his work ethic and attitude really puts me to shame, especially with everyone at work knowing that i'm the Christian teacher. Joe is the only person in my life who constantly asks how my Sunday Bible studies are going. it's so humbling to see your nonchristian peers living more exemplary lives than you. man, how does he do it?

this is the longest i've gone without driving in my life. i'm actually starting to miss it, not that i would dare try to drive in a place like Seoul. NO THANK YOU. anyways, as i was walking into my building, i noticed that my dad's car was gone. that's strange. he's usually home around this hour. when i came into my place, my dad was lying down at his usual spot in his red sweats. my dad sold the car! 3,600,000won (approximately $3,600). not bad for an eight year old piece of junk. i was pretty happy about the deal. my dad was more bittersweet. i guess he really liked that car...and that's something that i can understand.

do you remember that old Korean group, Ju Ju Club? their music is SO weird! but the thing is, their music sounds so weird that i almost like them. kinda reminds me of Jungabung. she's really weird too.

Thought of the Day: Ironic.
Song of the Day: TwoTwo-일과 이분의 일

No comments: