October 8, 2006

i had a pretty nice Choosuk. i finally learned how to play "GO/STOP", so i was really happy about that. i finally understand why my dad would stay up all night playing with my uncles. i am so impressed with myself cause not only did i learn how to play a pretty complicated game that was taught in Korean, but i also won the most money from my cousins. haha. they were like, "wait a minute. now this isn't supposed to happen." good times.

a few interesting facts:

-one of my nephews is a Jazz musician. he was originally doing guitar, but he is changing to saxaphone. he also told me a lot about his sinful past while he was drunk. looks can be SO deceiving. his name is 경환, so i ALWAYS thought people were calling my name (경원) when they were really calling him.

-my niece is the best female singer i've ever heard in real life. she's so good that she's actually pursuing a singing career, probably in the CCM field. she is also super super nice and keeps calling me 오빠 when she's supposed to be calling me 삼촌.

-my second oldest cousin is a hardcore Korean 아저씨. he smokes incessantly, drinks pretty much like an alcoholic, cusses fluently, and has a raspy laugh. although he comes off as being really mean, he's actually really nice and funny. you need one of these guys when you're going on a trip.

today, one of my uncles came home pretty drunk. he started explaining to me that he was so sorry and sad that he had forgotten to give me some spending money the last time i had visited him. then he started explaining how he felt really really bad for my mom who had to live such a lonely life without her husband. he got so worked up that he started shedding tears and my aunt was just laughing at him. it was kinda funny and sincere at the same time. it's nice to see my uncle care so much for his younger sister like that. but yeah, he gave me alotta money in this envelope that he had been saving up for a while. it's so ironic how the rich can give so little, but the poor can give so much. thank you, 외삼촌.

there was this one night where i woke up in the middle of the night cause i felt these itchy bumps all over my body. freaking hives! i put some clothes on, went to the convenient store right outside my place and asked if they had any allergy medicine. unfortunately, they didn't have any, and i didn't know any place that did. i was screwed! the next day, i found out that i had just gotten bit up like crazy by two mosquitos that had somehow gotten into my room. tonight, i found two more mosquitos in my room. i killed the first one but had several failed attempts with the second. looks like i'm gonna get some more hives again tonight.

so the moment you've all been waiting for...(drumroll). PICTURES! it turns out that my cell phone can take some pretty dang good pictures, so i'm pretty happy that i won't be needing a digital camera. enjoy.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


nice little night view of our vacation area.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


this thing was alive and expensive. too bad it didn't even taste good.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


we went fishing with just some string and a can of shrimp. there was a big sign that said "NO FISHING," but everyone else was doing it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


this is what i caught in literally the first minute. unfortunately, we somehow lost the bag of fish that we had caught and went home really sad.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


my cousin was munching away at these as soon as we got to the condo. pretty good stuff.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


this was the view from our condo. i cannot tell you how much this picture does not do justice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


is that the biggest 고구마 you ever saw or is that the biggest 고구마 you ever saw?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



here are a buncha places that i see every single day as i go/come back from work.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


finally, we arrive at my place. as you can see, i have a variety of foods to choose from. i absolutely LOVE the delivery in Korea. these days, i'm actually trying to be better about spending money and eating healthy, so i don't order delivery everyday like i used to. but dude, there is nothing better than delivery 짜장면 in Korea. *drool*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


that would be where i keep my shirts, jackets, and sweaters. the door to the right is where i enter, and if you look closely, you'll notice the awesome calendar that Zen got me before i left. everyday, i can be reminded of the friends that i left back in the states right before i leave for work.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


this is my laundry machine. Koreans don't use dryers so we gotta airdry everything as you can see. it really isn't too bad.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


that would be my kitchen that i barely use. the small table to the left is where i dine by myself. it looks kinda sad and pathetic, but i feel no hints of unhappiness whenever i eat.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


and finally, this is the Priscilla clothing store that i always pass by. every time i pass by it, i always remember that Priscilla is coming really soon, and i get really excited. and what do you know, the devil just called me today! her voice never sounded so beautiful to my ears. i wonder if she noticed my awkward English.


i'll be taking a lot more pictures from now on...and that's a rap.

Thought of the Day: Priscilla Noona!
Song of the Day: Crystal Lewis-Healing Oil

No comments: