September 21, 2006

hello, friends. i finally have my own internet connection now. it is definitely a luxury to have internet connection at your own convenience.

i am slowly getting used to my work schedule and growing very fond of my students. according to Meena, one of my co-workers, i have the "super-star" kids, so i have it the easiest. i am basically taking over Joseph's class for 3 weeks until he comes back. he is supposed to be the "super-star" teacher of Elite, so i hear a lot about him. he indeed must be a great teacher because apparently, he had already told his students that i am a great teacher! haha. i've never even seen or spoken to Joseph in my life. anyways, it turns out that he assigned two of his classes to write letters to me for homework. i didn't receive anything until today. here is my favorite one:

Dear Phillip. Hello Phillip! My name is Jenny. I'm feeling that I'm writing to nonliving things like my pen, eraser or like that. I'm very glad that I would see you because Joseph is not teaching us and YOU are teaching us. When you come to Elite, please let us do the 'hang man' or 'stop the bus'. And Circle story. we'll like you to do it. I'm wondering which type of face you have. Please tell me about you next Monday. I'll introduce about myself. I'm Jenny. And I'm very good at writing (but not a grammar). My hobby is to play a computer game or write some poem or the story. I'll write the story named 'Allen's Secret Diary' next week. And my dream is to become a author or the famous poet. And about our class is there are three student in our Monday, Wednesday class. And Friday, there are 5 girls. so be careful. About my classroom, is the Cornell, the name of university. There are Harvard, Columbia, Princeton, Cornell. Yale and Stanford. About me (again) I am the most unfortunate girl ever. My pencil case was made of trees. so it broke when children played with it. (I am little popular in my class). Because I'm genious. ha haha!!! So, I changed the pencil case to the Soft pencilcase. And the ziper is broken and the ziper is not working neither. I have question for sir, 1. How old are you ? 2. Are you funny? 3. Do you like Joseph? 4. Would like me for call like 'Phillip' or 'teacher' or 'sir'? (About number three. I don't agree.) P.S Caution to you! watch out Joseph. And touch Joseph hair. and you'll get moch of luck. I'm very hoping Monday 5:30. in cornell. Sincerely, cly Jenny

the thing with Elite is that the students and teachers are not allowed to speak any Korean. everything must be in English! so when you put fobs in the same room who are forced to communicate in English, you get things like:

(girls making fun of Ray).
Ray: ho ho ho. berry funny! you keendugahdun! (Kindergarten)


there's nothing more rewarding than to hear one of your students learn a new English word and go aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa!!! in fact, one of my students today did it so abruptly that it scared me.

but at the end of the day, i am SO happy that tomorrow is Friday. this has been the longest week in my life!

Thought of the Day: There is an elite within Elite.
Song of the Day: OK Go-Here It Goes Again

No comments: