March 1, 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket


weird ( P ) Pronunciation Key (w�rd)adj. weird�er, weird�est
Of, relating to, or suggestive of the preternatural or supernatural.
Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange.


the weirdest thing happened to me. i was driving home on a very rainy day. as i made a turn onto Alondra from Carmenita, i saw a RED FLASH! impossible. there's no reason for those cameras to go off. i made a turn on a green for sure. if that red flash wasn't a camera, then i don't know what it was. how'm i going to explain this to the judge?

the weirdest thing happened to me. i was sitting in lecture, taking my notes...then BAM! in runs Peter the Anteater (our mascot) with a big sign that says "BEAT THE BEACH!" (Long Beach, that is). he ran across the front of the lecture hall and right before he left out the door, he turned to all of us and gave us a JJOT, and ran out the door. the professor was utterly confused. that was pretty funny.

the weirdest thing happened to me. my professor said that in all of the years that she had taught the course, our class had the lowest midterm scores ever. she went on and on about how so many of us did poorly on this and that. with that said, she wanted to announce the top two scores in the class and congratulate them in front of everyone. "Philip...and Dane." i've never felt so many eyeballs glaring at me. that's right...the dumb Asian kid got a higher score than all of the Latinos in the Latino Families class. i felt more embarrassed than anything. even Julie Horner asked me how i had studied for the midterm. pitter patter flitter flatter.

the weirdest thing happened to me. while we were bowling in Riverside, a stranger called out my name so i turned around. "oh ****! it is you!" i couldn't put a name on the face so i just kept staring with my open mouth searching for words. "Allan." !!! taller, contacts, AZN, and S-words. college can transform a high school student for the better...or worse.

the weirdest thing happened to me. as i was driving home last night, i ended up talking on the phone with justin. i left a little after midnight so i was expecting to get home before 1. at 12:37, i realized that i was driving uphill in complete darkness with only trucks on the road. gas light has been on for a while now. what the heck is a Victorville? now leaving San Bernardino?! i had driven pretty far in a very very wrong direction. i got home around 2.

the weirdest thing happened to me. i had purchased an Interview With A Vampire dvd back in early January. several weeks later, i wrote to the seller that i had not received the item. several more weeks later, i wrote again. after even more weeks, i made a file claim through half.com. this morning, i got an email stating...

"I'm so SORRY. I left my husband under the worst of sercomstances. I haven't been online. My life basiclly fell apart. My daughter and I moved in with my mother and I'm just now starting to put my head back together. My ex called me and said your order had been returned. I'm going to pick up my mail today and will double check the address. This isn't like me. I'm not a scaterbrained person, normally. I found out he'd not only cheated for 75% of the time we where together but also has 2 other childern! I'm sorry....I really shouldn't be telling you all of this. I just wanted you to know this wasn't intentional."

geez.

and yet, God is in control over all.

no more weird things please.

Thought of the Day: Driver's test.
Song of the Day: Jason Mraz-I'm Yours

No comments: