January 25, 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket



yesterday was a really good day.

i started with a dream about willy cheung who had turned really bad and started hooking up high school and college students with copied textbooks for a cheap price. i also had a cigarette with him. i smoke cigarettes, do drugs, and drive stick in several of my dreams. go fig.

Latino Families is my favorite class this quarter. i learn so much about Latino culture in a very entertaining way. my professor made me laugh twice today. i never laugh in class. my class started 7 minutes late. my class ended 20 minutes early. nice.

as i was discussing my oil change today, i convinced the Jiffy Lube guy to give me a $10 discount cause "i'd really appreciate it." i am embarrassingly the worst bargainer on the face of this planet. i almost felt bad for him when he agreed to help me out. "i really appreciate it," i said. but more than saving myself a Hamilton (IT'S ALL ABOUT THE HAMILTONS BABY!), i really appreciated the speedy work on the oil change and car wash.
[side dish: as i looked up my reading assignment on my Sports Psych syllabus, my shocked eyes fell upon Reading Assignment: None. that means i'm done with my reading for the week! that's nice #2.]

today, i was reminded of how much i love my cluster boys. sure they don't always answer my discussion questions or meet every week with their accountability partners...but they do make me laugh. meeting up with john/p. david, eating Bucca and drinking Cha's with the rest, and watching Sliding Doors with the "tee-hee's" was just what the doctor prescribed.

i had a really nice drive back home too. there's nothing better than driving in your car-washed vehicle with a new air freshener and Michael Jackson hits on a bare 5 freeway night. Michael Jackson songs make you feel really cool. you have this super-natural confidence that you can sing and dance well whenever you listen to his music. i love it. it was so appropriate for tonight's drive.

to conclude a marvelous January 24th, my family waited for me to come home before they went to bed. my mom randomly walked into my room in her funny looking pajamas to ask me how to print out spreadsheets with the gridlines. even she realized how ridiculous the situation was. we both had a good laugh. just about everyday, i also experience a secret happiness whenever i receive a package with a cd/dvd in it. it's like having Santa Clause deliver you gifts on a daily basis. today, i got my Gone in 60 Seconds Director's Cut dvd, Stone Temple Pilots Thank You, The Offspring Greatest Hits, and Bad Boys of Rap Volume 2 cd.
[dessert: even i find it hysterical that i enjoy rap so much. in fact, you'd be surprised how many rap cds i actually bought. but yeah, Bad Boys of Rap Volume 2 is really really good. most of the songs are about having sex or killing people. this is NOT the reason why i like rap. rather, i like rap because of the creativity of the lyrics and the attitude behind the music. unfortunately, today's artists have definitely lost the true flavor of original rhymes and beauty in the ghetto. as Gang Starr once said: "Hip hop is not, what it is today." i couldn't have said it better myself.]

so it's official. i've fallen in love with a new girl. her name is Paltrow. Gwyneth Paltrow.

Thought of the Day: $400/month.
Song of the Day: Michael Jackson-Billie Jean

No comments: