August 1, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



notice how there's not a single scratch on the paint. no cracked headlights and sideview mirrors all in one piece. even all of the tires have those tire cap things. i wish my car looked like that...even if beauty is fleeting.

since i've been making quite some money this summer, i had officially decided to "fix up" my car so that it wouldn't look like a total piece of junk. with an estimated cost of $200-$300, i think it'd be a good investment. unfortunately, i found a crack on my windshield on sunday which has grown to a good 8 inches now. that'll probably cost me another good $200.
cracked signal light = $70
cracked sideview mirror = $150
cracked windshield = $200
tire cap thingys = ?
labor costs = ?
decent looking car = priceless? I WISH!
man, my car has gone through so many repairs within the past 2 years. i must have spent a decent $2000 just fixing auto damages (and the fun don't stop). i am experiencing a third coolant leak somewhere in my car, but i'm not going to bother to fix it just yet. i never would've thought that a car could give you stress...but i also never would've thought that MY car could give me pride:

(kenny opens door and automatic seatbelt moves down).
ted: WOAH!
kenny: after i close the door, it goes back up and i put on the second seatbelt.
*closes door and automatic seatbelt moves up*
ted: WOW! the outside doesn't look good but the inside is so nice!

jordan and dillon had a similar reaction the first time they came into my car too.

my car may have internal/external problems but she gets the job done...by God's grace.


Chrisitan Academy has been (and still is) a very humbling experience. junior high students can be so immature, inconsiderate, and indolent. it's crazy to think that i was once a burden just like them. it's even crazier to think that i once had teachers who knew how to deal with students like them (and probably ones who were even worse). i have been so discouraged that i even questioned if teaching was the right profession for me to go into. Christian Academy is only a glimpse of the real deal. haha. priscilla has caught me a number of times looking so discouraged and drained from teaching those 7th grade sinners. i remember telling sun how much i enjoyed teaching those kids after the first week of academy. "it's only been the first week," he said. *hysterical laughter* he was right. but with every sorrow there is always room for joy. i love it when my 8th graders actually understand when i'm explaining a problem. i love it when my most disobedient students even bother to greet me in the morning. i love it when my 7th graders are diligently working on the assignment in silence (this is a rarity). i love it when i can eat lunch with my students and just be one of them. i love it when the young ones wave goodbye to me. john ro was right. if you do Christian Academy just for the money, you're going to be miserable. i think that goes for any job.

Thought of the Day: Sweaty.
Song of the Day: Starfield-Filled With Your Glory