July 19, 2005

one thing i really hate about my apt. is that i have to always make a u-turn on Beach because there's no direct turn into the entrance. well, on the opposite side, there's a no signal left turn that the cars can make too, so it's difficult to see oncoming traffic if a car's waiting there. well, after an emotional day of Christian Academy, being 20 min. late for tutoring from 405 traffic, and RETURNING home in traffic, i just wanted to get home as soon as possible so i can rest and cry about my day.

so i'm making my daily u-turn on Beach Blvd. and an oncoming truck that i didn't see swerves out of my way in the nick of time. the defensive driver is upset and just stops his car in the middle of the road to follow me into my driveway. just when things couldn't get any worse, he pulls up to my side and busts out a police badge.

me: oh no.
angry driver: PULL OVER!

i quickly prayed a desperate prayer. he asked for an explanation. i gave him an explanation. he cussed. he pointed his finger forward and yelled at me to go. i parked. i looked into my rearview mirror. he made a u-turn. he drove away. i sank.

my dad told me that it's better to be a safe driver than a "good" driver. i concur with my dad. i don't care how bad you need to get to my house. be careful on that u-turn on Beach Blvd. cause you just might hit a cop car one day.

i think i heard christian music coming from his car.

Thank you, God, for answering everything today.

Thought of the Day: Pikachu.
Song of the Day: Cool-Small Waiting