March 2, 2005

i got a ticket today for driving too close to the car in front of me. 41 mph in a 50 zone, 8 ft. away. he didn't even give me a chance to explain. just straight up "do you know what you did wrong? when you're going that fast and you're that close, you're not going to be able to break in time." *walks away to write ticket* dangit.

as i was driving off, i started flooding myself with situations that could have avoided the ticket. if only i hadn't changed my cds as i was warming up my car. if only i hadn't chosen to wear my red shoes today. if only i hadn't made my appointment to meet today at 1pm. then i realized that by me thinking of all of these "if only" situations, i was pretty much saying that God's will and sovereignty were imperfect or flawed. i don't care so much that i have to pay for the ticket. what really bothers me is the idea of taking traffic school. i HATE traffic school.

so after fieldwork, i came home feeling kinda bummed...

me: i got a ticket today.
julie: let's go eat KOBE!
me: if chris got me KOBE today, i would be really encouraged.
chris: alrite, let's go!

me and my big mouth.

today was my first time having japanese bbq. but more importantly, today was my first time having kobe beef. for you ignorants out there:

Kobe beef is a special grade of beef from (Wagyu) cattle raised in Kobe, Japan. These cattle are massaged with sake and are fed a daily diet that includes large amounts of beer. This produces meat that is extraordinarily tender, finely marbled, and full-flavored. It is also extremely expensive, often costing more than $100 per pound. Because of the high cost and increasing demand, there are now some Kobe-style beef-cattle being raised in the U.S. using the same techniques.



yeah, that's what i ate today. we each must've eaten about 5 pieces of kobe beef. just that plate alone cost $20...and yeah, we ate alotta other stuff too. it's one of the best pieces of meat i have ever eaten in my life. i like chris alot.

Thought of the Day: No MercyMe.
Song of the Day: Sister Act-I Will Follow Him