February 28, 2005

lately, when i've been telling people that i've been busy, i realized that what i really mean is that i've just been really busy with my thoughts. schoolwork and tutoring doesn't take up that much time. rather, it's the times in between where i feel like my life is engrossed with future plans and goals. FAFSA stuff, next year's living situation, summer plans, grad. school stuff (tests to take, letters of rec., meeting with counselors)-you'd be surprised how much i think about this stuff everyday. i've actually come to the point where i'm stressed out. too many uncertainties and a lack of control. i'm the type to take things "one step at a time," but i feel like i'm in a situation where i have to plan ahead before i take each step. it's alot to think about and i must admit that i often forget God's faithfulness and sovereignty in all of it.

"grad school?! heck no! after my 4 years, i'm out of here and never studying again!"
-phil chung, freshmen year

man, who would've thought that i'd be going to grad school to get a master's degree in education. of course i have my fears that i'll later find out that i hate teaching and that this was all a waste of time and energy. this growing up business is really hard. i just have to remind myself of God's faithfulness everyday. if God was faithful in providing Abraham with Issac, saving and prospering Joseph, protecting David in all of his wars, and of course, giving the world His very own son so that we could be justified, then surely my future is secure with the Lord. Psalm 3:3-"...you bestow glory on me and lift up head." reader, would your head be lifted up in whatever situation you are in as well.



this picture also helps me forget about my worries.

Thought of the Day: Make me proud.
Song of the Day: Mark Schultz-He Will Carry Me