October 29, 2003

yesterday...

me: dillon, do you know what common and proper nouns are?
dillon: yes. common noun would be like "boy." proper noun would be "Dillon." common noun, "girl." proper noun, "Jordan."
me: ahhahahahahahah.
jordan: hey shuttup!

as immature as it sounds, i thought it was some high quality humor!

in the beginning of my senior year, i began studying apologetics with chang. i remember that past summer, alot of my friends were going to take the Humanities course so their summer reading happened to be the Bible! i remember in my past experiences, my favorite argument against atheists was, "have you ever read the whole Bible? how can you say that the Bible isn't true if you haven't read the book?" so this was in a sense, payback time and oh yeah, i was going to pay. these unbelieving sinners finished that 1000 page book in 2 months while i had my whole life to pace myself, and hadn't even finished a single testament. oh yes, i was convicted! i even remember the night that i began Genesis. it was Barnes & Noble, the one next to Hillsdale. i was determined to finish the sucker in 3 months. (smile).

well, i've been through alot since that night i started to read the Bible. over the months, i was reading the Old Testament straight up. big mistake. i think i struggled alot in those months w/o any New Testament nourishment. in those months, i learned that you need a healthy balance of the two testaments. not JUST NEW or JUST OLD, but a little bit of BOTH! one thing i take pride in is the fact that i was very consistent with my Bible reading despite the lack of ANY accountability from anyone. even though no one asked me how i was doing scripturally, by the grace of God i was one consistent bastard. even after those regretful mornings in the dorms, i always managed to open up the book and read to start off my day.

that same boy who promised chang that he'd finish the Bible in three months has finally finished today. not to boast, but rather to encourage: if phil can read the whole Bible, ANYBODY can read the whole Bible!

thanks for the haircut, dykas.

i like this


Thought of the Day: I'm so excited about Thursday.
Song of the Day: Phil Wickham-Jesus, Lord Of Heaven

No comments: