August 29, 2003

since i've been indescribably bored, i did my random xanga reading and came upon this:

Speaking of weight, yesterday, I saw a program about obesity in America on the Discovery Channel. As someone who was once overweight, and who is still is fighting the battle of the bulge, I watched the program with unwavering interest.

The program taught me how to determine whether I am normal, overweight, or obese by using the BMI (Body Mass Index) test. Come on guys! Let�s find out if you are in the healthy zone! (Note: You will need a calculator).

First, do the equation�

Weight/(Height^2 [in inches]) * 703

Example: Let�s say you weigh 250 lbs, and are 6�2� tall. Your equation would be�

250/(74^2) * 703 = 32.094595

Then use these conversions�

20-25 = NORMAL

25-30 = OVERWEIGHT

30+ = OBESE

Therefore, if your BMI is like the example of 32.094595 you are obese.

This test doesn't take into account muscle mass, so I don't know how it can be totally accurate. But hey, the Discovery Channel wouldn't lie to me...would it?

the only thing i'm curious about is the number, 703. what's so significant about that?

Thought of the Day: Stitches out. Retainer in.
Song of the Day: Nelly-Make Ya Tailfeather

No comments: